A New Decade
‘A new decade, a new year, a new day,Triple B
If there’s one thing I have to say,
It’s time to remove the stress
And learn how to play.
Each dance starts with the first step,
Moving gracefully to the swells of the band
On pointed toes your partners hand accept.
Mind always one feat ahead of the hand.
Looking to the future, sweating in the now,
Awaiting the final move -so you may take your bow.’
Let the Dance Begin
Hey, Triple B here. We’re going to talk about how I, a man of one wife and 2 kids, cut my working career from the typical 40+ years to retirement, to a much more satisfying 9 years*.
However, if retirement is not your thing yet we can talk about how to go from 20 years to 5 years to pay off your mortgage. While I started late at 40 years old (which has some amazing benefits as we’ll discuss later), the Simple Plan to freedom by no means requires YOU to wait that long.
What’s that? Ah, I can already hear the chorus of excusitis starting up:
- How can I do that when I barely make it to the next paycheck?
- It’s going to take me longer to pay off my new Dodge Ram 1500 crew cab 4×4 Limited than it’s going to take you to retire! What kind of honey are you smoking Triple B?
- I’m already saving 10% of my income, any more and I’ll be on the street!
- Even if you could convince me, which you won’t, I like my job! Why would I ever want to quit?
- Does this involve investing? My friend lost $50,000 last year! No way I could ever to do that, it’s basically gambling isn’t it, what if there is a recession?
- Well I could do that if I TRIPLED my income, but I’m lucky to get a 2% raise in this economy.
- I’m buried alive in bills and debt and stress, it’s like I’m gasping for air! I don’t think I’ll ever retire, never mind in 5 to 10 years!
Take My Hand
Triple B will answer all these problems. Will it be hard? Will I have to live a life of deprivation, you ask? I WILL challenge you at times, and you WILL come out on top again and again and again, until you realize that there is nothing you can’t do. As a result, you’re going to look back and laugh wholeheartedly, till tears run down your face.
As you say ByeBuy Boss with these tears upon your face, you may get some strange looks, and you may even have one upon your own face, when you look in the mirror and realize that now you are your own Boss, or as we like to say: a King B, or Queen B.
Float like a butterfly, sting like a B
A butterfly floats carefree throughout his day, from one flower to another, likewise, the concepts we’ll discuss are all things that make us happy, truly happy. For instance, things like simplifying your busy life, learning new skills, increasing your confidence, and life efficiencies.
What are we going to do with all this money we are saving in our Honey Pots, how can we add more sting to our punches? We will cover a broad range of financial topics including: Is it better to rent or buy? How can I maximize RRSP(401k) and TFSA(Roth IRA) accounts to reduce taxes (do I even need to pay taxes anymore?)? Is it more efficient to earn more or save more? What’s the most effective transportation solution for a family? And most importantly how to end my dependence on a 9-5 job in the next ten years?
While we do these things you’ll notice, as did I, that they have incredible side benefits to your health, while freeing up your time and money for better uses.
So, what’s your first step? Download Mint.com, or whichever budgeting tool strikes your fancy, let’s get a solid idea of where you are, and I’ll let you know where you need to be. Join the hive, and sharpen your stinger, cause life’s about to get fun.
To secure the greatest amount of pleasure with the least possible outlay should be the aim of all economic effortFrançois Quesnay (June 4, 1694 – December 16, 1774)
* Assumptions: No major earth shattering events happen, like losing my job and simultaneously the local economy collapses, whilst an earthquake swallows my house the day after I remove that $5 dollar earthquake/extreme toilet papering clause from my insurance. How long will it take you? Let’s shoot for 5-15 years. Fill out the email form below for a detailed analysis.